In wood, PVC or aluminum, the openings require attention to maintain their aesthetics and their function. Here are our methods for efficient carpentry renovation.A window is made up of different elements that should be maintained to enjoy it for a long time, to ensure proper operation and to guarantee good insulation in winter and summer. In the window treatments harrisburg pa you need to understand about the kind of blinds that are essential there.
The case of PVC or aluminum frames and windows
These types of carpentry have one thing in common, they require little care to remain intact and beautiful. You just need to wash the frame and the frames around the windows with a mild cleaning product, such as dishwashing liquid. Use a dry cloth to limit streaks and streaks.
- You can also work on the glass at the same time, if you choose a mild cleaner, to remove the maximum amount of dirt and before spraying your usual window cleaner.
- Be careful not to use the scraper of a sponge or a stiff bristle brush on aluminum windows. You risk scratching the surface.
- If stains persist, you can get specific cleaners that will remove dirt without damaging the material, or even restore its luster like the renovator for PVC, for example.
Compare qualified carpenters near you
Cleaning wooden windows
Wood joinery requires more maintenance than PVC or aluminum. They react to humidity, the sun and insects. Here are some tips to preserve the beauty of your openings.
Wash regularly, at least once a year. You can use a damp sponge or cloth, immersed in soapy water, to clean varnished, painted or lacquered wood and remove dust due to pollution, animal droppings, dirt, any fungi. Do a paint renovation every 5 to 10 years. For this, you must remove the flaking support by sanding with a fine abrasive, apply a primer if necessary then repaint with a product suitable for the environment and / or the support (exposure to the sun, marine environment, anti-treatment -insect).
Caring for fittings
- Particular care must also be taken to ensure that the metal hinge and opening-closing elements fulfill their function and resist time.
- Consider cleaning them with a slightly damp sponge, if they are very dirty. Then apply grease or special oil, both to protect them from the weather (they can rust in particular) and to facilitate the mechanism.
- Repeat the operation 1 to 2 times a year.
Request a free quote for carpentry work
Take care of seals
Use soapy water to wash these flexible parts and remove the dirt. Repeat the operation regularly (several times a year) so that rain and cold do not penetrate.Avoid abrasive products which could destroy seals or cutting instruments.